Job Description :
Position functions or Responsibilities:
1. Working as part of project team, conduct DBA administration with project team, end users and customers
2. Define deliverables and execute to a high degree of excellence
3. Work with end users to define expected outcomes
4. Additional duties as defined by the Program Manager
5. Assist a small team and identify methods of improving throughput
Perform planning, design, installation, configuration, upgrade and migration for the Oracle enterprise databases including support for ASM, RMAN, Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control.
Perform planning, design, installation, configuration, upgrade and migration for the MySQL database on Linux environment.
Perform planning, design, installation, configuration, upgrade and migration for the Microsoft SQL Server environment.
Apply the database portion of application installation and patches as needed.
Perform daily administrative tasks for all databases supported by Information Technology.
Support OLTP and data warehouse systems for all University Business systems.
Resolve database performance and capacity issues as they occur.
Participate as an active team member to design, maintain, and optimize database driven applications.
Assist with developing and implementing backup and recovery strategies.
Must be able to work independently to resolve system issues.
Create and update database maintenance and change management procedures.
Provide on-call support outside of regular business operating hours including evenings and weekends.
Perform other duties and projects as assigned or directed.