Job Description :
Database Administrator/Technician - 4 Monthj W2/Onsite Contract -Austin, TX 78731
1. Working as part of project team, conduct DBA administration with project team, end users and customers
2. Define deliverable and execute to a high degree of excellence
3. Work with end users to define expected outcomes
4. Additional duties as defined by the Program Manager
5. Assist a small team and identify methods of improving throughput
• Perform planning, design, installation, configuration, upgrade and migration for the Oracle enterprise databases including support for ASM, RMAN, Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control.
• Perform planning, design, installation, configuration, upgrade and migration for the MySQL database on Linux environment.
• Perform planning, design, installation, configuration, upgrade and migration for the Microsoft SQL Server environment.
• Apply the database portion of application installation and patches as needed.
• Perform daily administrative tasks for all databases supported by Information Technology.
• Support OLTP and data warehouse systems for all University Business systems.
• Resolve database performance and capacity issues as they occur.
• Participate as an active team member to design, maintain, and optimize database driven applications.
• Assist with developing and implementing backup and recovery strategies.
• Must be able to work independently to resolve system issues.
• Create and update database maintenance and change management procedures.
• Provide on-call support outside of regular business operating hours including evenings and weekends.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned or directed