Job Description :
Application Security Architect - 8 Mo. W2/Oniste Contract - Austin, TX 78731
- Manages and maintains security infrastructure and applications including firewalls, IPS, end-point protection, and other security related applications.
- Develops, implements, and maintains security policies and procedures.
- Leads security projects or the security component of project work from requirements gathering through project close.
- Ensures that security architecture, plans, controls, standards, and policy/procedures conform to industry best-practices and are aligned with the client’s operational standards.
- Acts as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for security policy and procedure, security design and implementation, and incident response and mitigation.
- Evaluates new and existing security policies and tools in order to recommends improvements.
- Stays current on the latest security issues and emerging threats.
- Participates in vulnerability assessment activities.
- Mentors less experienced team members.
- Collaborates with other internal teams to increase efficiencies and reduce risk to the environment.
- Works with the client to proactively reduce risk inside the environment.
Also responsible for:
- Security policies and procedure
- Incident response planning and execution/security operations
- Security design reviews (applications)
- Security tool evaluation and implementation
- Daily security operations
- Tool administration
- Vulnerability management