Business Data Analyst - 3 Month W2/Onsite Contract - Austin, TX 78731
Support and development of a major transformation project.
The BDA will interview application users and developers from a knowledge-base of business and technical knowledge to acquire information on data components and record multiple data delivery formats for use by the data team members that will assist with the development of the conceptual, logical and physical data models of the client database, development of views by application, report, and other business and technical users of the database, development of data dictionary, and Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) document.
Skill set required:
1. Oracle 12c and SQL Server database knowledge, specifically SQL for creating views and grant permissions
2. MS Excel to capture and transfer knowledge of data and requirements for technical use such as ETL mapping source of input to source of target output with transformation rules. Interpret User Story data sheets for loading data into the client database.
3. MS Word to read and create documents by and for the data and end user community.
4. Understand user data needs (i.e. User Stories) and translate to technical formats for data team members
5. Test and validate database views and other work products created by the data team.